Apple just announced its financial results for Q3 2012, and is now finishing up its earnings call. As promised, we’ve collected a list of some of the more interesting bits from the call to pass on to you.
Among the list, is the fact that Apple added $7 billion to its growing cash pile last quarter, bringing its cash total to more than $117 billion. Also, there are now 410 million iOS devices in the wild…
- Apple now has $117 billion in cash
- iPod still accounts for more than 70% of mp3 player market
- 1.3 million Apple TVs sold last quarter
- 410 million iPhones, iPads and iPod touches in the wild
- 150 million iCloud users
- 650,000 apps in App Store
- $1.8 billion in iTunes sales last quarter
- 20 million songs downloaded last quarter
- $5.5 billion paid out to app developers to date
- App Store in 155 countries
- iPhone now on 250 carriers in more than 100 countries
- iPad available in 97 countries
- New Mac OS, OS X Mountain Lion, launches tomorrow
- $4.1 billion in retail sales
- 80.3 million retail store visitors
Apple’s overall iPhone sales and revenue numbers missed Wall Street’s projections, but the company says that it is still “extremely confident” in its strategy moving forward.
The company also made sure to note that it has some “amazing new products in the pipeline.” And if recent rumors are any indication, we could see a number of those this fall.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.