Nike today issued a major update to its running app sporting a revamped interface and tons of new features. You can now get into a run even faster, compare your last run to previous seven, along with the ability to visualize you runs in a beautiful new view that includes a landscape history…
Other tidbits include shoe tagging where you basically provide the name of your running shoes to track the distance you travel in them. The stats also let you see when your shoes are nearly done running, reminding you it’s time to buy a new pair.
I also love how the app automatically tags the weather for you.
Here, your release notes.
- Get into a run even faster. You can now tap the run button from anywhere in the app. And off you go.
- See how your last run stacks up against your previous seven, and get fresh insights based on your latest activity every time you come back to the app.
- Swipe downwards on the new Home Screen to view your next moves. From picking your PowerSongs to challenging one of your personal bests, there’s always something to make your running experience better than before.
- Visualize your runs side-by-side and see your progress with a new landscape history view.
- Our new Run Summary makes it easier to view your route, tag how you felt, and note your terrain. And don’t worry about the weather; we’ll automatically tag it for you.
- Rotate your phone while viewing the Run Summary to see the breakdown of your run into mile splits.
- Introducing shoe tagging: Type in the name of your running shoes to track the distance they’re logging and see when it’s time to lace up a new pair. You’re never done running, but your shoes might be.
Nike+ Running for iPhone is a free download. right from the App Store.
Are you using this app to log your runs? Do you jog at all?