Ladies and gentlemen, the wait is over. Absinthe version 2.0 has been released to the public, meaning you can now jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered.
Absinthe is compatible with most recent iOS devices running iOS 5.1.1, including the new iPad (iPad 3), the iPhone 4S, the iPad 2, the iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS, etc.
A Mac, Windows, and Linux version are now available. Check inside for the full download!
Head over to our dedicated downloads page to download Absinthe 2.0!
Here is the final compatibility list for Absinthe 2.0 according to pod2g:
Devices that have been tested to work:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wifi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 3 Wifi
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Global
- iPod 3G
- iPod 4G
- Apple TV 2
- Apple TV 3
Note, iPad 2,4 support will be added later.
If you’d like to donate to the team behind the jailbreak, then check out this post for more info.
More iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak coverage can be found here:
- Absinthe 2.0 released for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak
- Absinthe 2.0.1 now available to address bugs
- Download Absinthe
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0
- How to jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0 on Windows
- How to convert an iOS 5.1.1 tethered jailbreak to an untethered jailbreak
- How to run Absinthe 2.0 on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Seas0nPass iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released for Apple TV
- Cydia reporting HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
- Complete Absinthe coverage
- Complete jailbreak coverage
Are you happy it’s finally here?
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.