Right on the heels of iOS 5.1 release back in March, a new maintenance update has just appeared on Apple’s servers. The new firmware for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models carries a build number 9B206 and includes several bug fixes, including one for the annoying network switching issue with iPad 3.
Minor AirPlay issues are addressed and reliability of HDR photography taken using the lock screen shortcut is now improved. The firmware update also squashed another issue with syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.
Your direct download links are right below…
Note to jailbreakers: don’t update.
According to release notes accompanying the update, it contains the obligatory improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
• Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
• Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
• Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
• Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
You can install the update by connecting your device to iTunes via a USB cable and hitting the Check for Updates button in the Info section of your device information pane.
Alternatively, go to the Settings app on your device and choose Software Update in the General section.
Here, your direct download links.
Did you install the update?
Tell us in comments if you experience any issues…
More coverage of the iOS 5.1.1 update: