Developer Lars Fröder (opa334) released version 1.0.4 of the Dopamine jailbreak tool for arm64e devices running iOS & iPadOS versions 15.0-15.4.1 Monday evening to address more bugs and to further improve the stability and user experience for all.
Fröder announced the latest update to Dopamine via a Tweet, which included a link to the project’s GitHub page with a full change log that offered the following hints into what’s new in this release:
– Fix forkfix leaking file descriptors under certain conditions
– Adapt forkfix to be more similar to regular fork
– Work around issue with dpkg-deb just randomly failing if forkfix is used, this issue does not make any sense (issue triggers with a fork implementation 1:1 identical to the system one, but not on the system one itself, there really is some voodoo going on here), so I solved it by blocking tweak injection into dpkg-deb
– Add IPC hook, supporting system wide access to mach services prefixed with cy: or lh:
– Update fallback ellekit to 0.6.3
– Some UI improvements thanks to @sourcelocation
If you’re an existing user of the Dopamine jailbreak tool, then you need only open the jailbreak app from your Home Screen and tap on the over the air (OTA) update link at the bottom of the interface to install the latest version.
Alternatively, you can install the latest .tipa file manually and re-run the jailbreak over your existing installation to accomplish the same feat.
New users who would like to try Dopamine for the first time will have to use the manual method regardless, and we recommend installing the latest version of the Dopamine jailbreak to start with to ensure the smoothest jailbreak experience. Our full tutorial for jailbreaking with Dopamine will provide useful insight if you’re unsure about how to get started.
Dopamine is a rootless jailbreak that only works on newer A12-A15 devices running iOS & iPadOS 15.0-15.4.1. Many jailbreak tweaks are have already been updated to support the rootless dynamic, while others are being updated as you read this. You can learn more about what a rootless jailbreak is and how it differs from traditional jailbreaks in our full F.A.Q. post.
Have you updated to the latest version of the Dopamine jailbreak yet? Be sure to let us know in the comments section down below.