There are a lot of different ways to immerse yourself in your music while it’s playing, but if you’re interested in going a little over the top, then a new jailbreak tweak called CanvasLife by iOS developer Sugiuta might be worth checking out.
Another intriguing aspect of CanvasLife is that it’s fully compatible with Spotify’s unique Canvas feature, whereas a lot of competing tweaks aiming to accomplish the same task simply aren’t.
Once installed, CanvasLife adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure the tweak to their liking:
Here, you can:
- Choose where the wallpaper effect takes place:
- Home Screen
- Lock Screen
- Configure an application blacklist in which now playing media from these apps will not affect the wallpaper
- Enable or disable Spotify Canvas support
- Hide the Dock background while music is playing
- Hide the media controls background while music is playing
Those interested in giving CanvasLife a run for its money can purchase it for $1.49 from the Havoc repository via their favorite package manager app. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 14 devices.
If you’d like to try before you buy, then a free 7-day trial is currently available via Sugiuta’s personal repository, which you can add to your package manager with the following URL if desired:
What do you think about using the Now Playing song artwork for your handset’s wallpaper? Let us know in the comments section down below.