The new Apple TV+ documentary, titled “9/11: Inside the President’s War Room,” is premiering globally this September on the Apple TV+ service and BBC One, narrated by Jeff Daniels.
UPDATE (September 1, 2021): The documentary is now available to stream on Apple TV+.
- This documentary chronicles the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks
- The project includes previously unseen footage and images
- The documentary special is premiering in September 2021
- Another collaboration between Apple and BBC Studios
Apple TV+ documentary “9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” arriving in September
Marking the twentieth anniversary of a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks against the United States on the morning of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, “9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” will recount the aftermath of the attack, especially the twelve hours after the strike.
From an announcement published today on the Apple TV+ Press website
“9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” tells the story of 9/11 through the eyes of the presidency by gaining unprecedented access to the key decision makers who responded for the nation. It recounts the 12 hours after the strike on that momentous day, offering rare and unique insight into the dilemmas of decision-making against the clock, as those involved provide intimate, revealing and heartfelt details for the first time.
“9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” will include previously unheard testimony with the following power figures who were in charge back in 2011:
- President George W. Bush
- Vice President Dick Cheney
- National security advisor Condoleezza Rice
- Secretary of state Colin Powell
- Chief of staff Andy Card
- Director of Communications Dan Bartlett
- Head of Situation Room Rear Admiral Deborah Loewer
- Deputy chief of staff Josh Bolten
- Press secretary Ari Fleischer
- Senior advisor to the president Karl Rove
- Advisor to Dick Cheney Mary Matalin
- Special advisor to the President Karen Hughes
- CIA briefer Mike Morrell
- Solicitor general Ted Olson
- Air Force One pilot Colonel Mark Tillman
- Secret Service agents David Wilkinson and Tony Zotto
Moreover, “9/11” includes nearly 200 photographs that were never previously seen before as well as filmed archive. Jeff Danials has been cast to provide narration. A co-production between Apple and BBC One, “9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” is scheduled to make its global premiere on the Apple TV+ streaming service and BBC one in September 2021.
This isn’t Apple’s first co-production with BBC Studios.
Recently, the company joined forces with BBC on “Trying”, a comedy series about growing up, settling down and finding someone to love. The complete first season of “Trying” is now available to stream on Apple TV+.
Before “Trying,” Apple TV+ and BBC Studios partnered on David Attenborough nature documentary special, dubbed “The Year Earth Changed”.