Hulu has finally updated their iPhone and iPad video player with the much-needed support for the Retina Display of the new iPad.
They also redesigned the user interface and brought out an enhanced video playback engine that takes advantage of the iPad’s bigger canvas.
The app also features improved AirPlay mirroring and HDMI support on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 and above…
Other enhancements include the obligatory bug fixes and support for browsing and discovering new shows by genres.
The company also announced in a blog post ten new summer shows, including basketball comedy We Got Next and Spoilers and other exclusives featuring KEvin Smith.
Here’s another screenshot.
Your release notes follow right below.
Hulu Plus version 2.1.5
• Support for browsing and discovering new shows by genres
• Re-engineered, optimized video player
• Updated, nicer, more graphical user interface (for iPad)
• Retina support (3rd-generation iPad)
• Improved AirPlay mirroring and HDMI support (iPad 2 and above, iPhone 4S and above); try it out in split view on the iPad!
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements
And here are two more screenies.
The Hulu Plus app is a free download right from the App Store.
It requires It requires a Hulu Plus subscription that goes for eight bucks a month.
If you’re a Hulu subscriber, let us know down in the comments if the new app streams higher-quality video on the new iPad.