Skype prematurely launched its iPad app in the App Store last night, and the highly anticipated application was pulled about five hours later. Unless you got your hands on it during that brief window, you missed it for the time being.
In case you didn’t know, Skype relaunched its iPad app in the App Store this morning, and hopefully it will be there to stay.
“Bring your Skype contacts closer with full screen video at your fingertips. Beautiful and simple, this is Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype. Plus, if you add a little Skype Credit, call landlines and mobiles at really low rates.”
- Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPhone 4, iPad 2nd Generation, and iPod Touch 4th Generation.
- Send and receive video using rear camera of iPhone 3GS
- Receive video only on iPad 1st Generation and iPod touch 3rd Generation
- Join Skype on your iPad in a few moments or just sign straight in to your account.
- If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
- We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
- Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
- Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
- Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
You can grab the free app for your iPad and try it out right now. It’s pretty cool, but, honestly, Skype is a little late to the game on this one.