Warning: Your iPhone Can Poison You

What a dramatic title for this post! The reality is a little less dramatic, but still very worrying. According to an AFP article, Chinese workers who were working on an iPhone assembly line in Suzhou claim to have been poisoned by a dangerous chemical.

Apparently, these poor workers have spent over 6 months in a hospital after being exposed to n-hexane…

“At first the symptoms were pretty obvious,” one woman said of her reaction to breathing in the chemical, which was used to clean and stick logos on products. “My hands were numb. I could hardly walk or run,” she added.

According to the article, “Apple, which did not confirm that it had sourced products from factories in Suzhou, said it had strict requirements on workplace safety for all suppliers”.