The following is a guest post by Mike Damian from midVentures.com, a Chicago-based tech firm who developed the Landmark Finder app for iPhone.
How often do you find yourself with time to kill and nothing to do? How would you like to take your friends and loved-ones on a memorable weekend getaway without spending lots of money?
Landmark Finder is an app that geo-locates your iPhones position and displays relevant landmarks on a Google map or list form. We use Landmark Finder all the time to:
- See where famous people lived
- Discover where important battles were fought
- See where championship teams played
- Experience where natural disasters took place
- Discover great works of architecture, interesting neighborhoods, and exciting infrastructure!
- Marvel in exotic parks
- Witness Engineering marvels
- Learn about museums, parks, and hotels to spend the night
Landmark Finder covers the entire US including: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Austin, Philadelphia, Orlando, Miami, San Francisco, San Jose, Detroit, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and many more cities!
Landmark Finder is perfect for weekend getaways, layovers at airports, people who often take business trips, who knows, you might even learn something about the city you live in!
We also plan on aggressively updating the app with social bookmarking features, the ability for people to add landmarks and have the crowds approve them, and other social features when iPhone OS3 comes out.
Landmark Finder is available from the App Store for $0.99, so think about checking it out, and keep your eyes peeled for a feature-rich update in the future.