Apple has released the first beta of watchOS 4.3 to developers, only a day after releasing iOS 11.3, tvOS 11.3, and macOS 10.13.4. There isn’t any major new features hiding in this update, but there are 5 noteworthy changes. Let’s take a look.
Especially considering one of the changes is a new animation, it is best to see it all for yourself in our hands-on video.
The biggest change is probably the introduction of Nightstand Mode in portrait orientation. Previously, you had to have your watch on a charger horizontally to access this feature. Now, in either vertical or horizontal, this feature is available.
Wonder why? Perhaps because it would necessary to use with Apple’s upcoming AirPower mat.
Here are other notable changes:
- You can AirPlay from your iPhone to AirPlay speakers from the Apple Watch.
- ‘Apple Watch’ now reads as ‘Speaker’ in the Control Center AirPlay section.
- iPhone Music control has been restored in Music app on the Apple Watch.
- New charging animation when you rest the Apple Watch on the charger.
- Portrait orientation now supports Nightstand Mode.
Have you noticed anything else? Let us know in the comments below.