The Tapbots on Friday issued an update for their popular iOS Twitter client Tweetbot 4, bringing the app to version 4.3. The update includes a number of improvements, and a brand new feature called Topics that promises to make tweetstorming easier.
A Topic is a way to let you quickly Tweet a group of related Tweets without having to manually reply to yourself and/or add the same hashtags over and over. You can activate Topics by tapping the gear menu in the Compose screen, and they sync via iCloud.
Here are the other improvements in 4.3:
– You can now hide the extra side column on the iPad
– Much better support for hardware keyboards, including using arrow keys to navigate the timeline
– iPad images are no longer super huge
– You can paste images when composing a Tweet, really useful when using GIF (with a hard G) keyboards
– Support for Arabic language, including Right to Left UI
– Muting a user you don’t follow will now also prevent Tweets from that user from showing up in your Mentions, Lists and Searches
– Support for Twitter Collections
– Quoting a Tweet looks much nicer when composing a Tweet
– Support for Firefox browser
– Improved support for uploading video to Twitter
– Fixed an issue where timeline would get stuck
Tweetbot 4 is available in the App Store, for both iPhone and iPad, for $9.99.