At last, the iPhone and iPad client lets you save unfinished messages so you can work on them later. A major update, Twitterrific 5.1 also includes the ability to view and manage your list of muffled usernames, URLs and hashtags.
You can now add keywords to the terms that can be filtered or turn any muffled term into a full mute: just swipe left on the item in the list and select the Mute option.
Doing so will hide the term from your timeline completely. To show it again, you’ll need to un-mute it again. The new muffling and muting features allow users to muffle certain items as well as mute others they may not wish to see at all, developers noted.
If you ever wanted to save a work-in-progress tweet for later before sending it away, now you can. With draft support, your saved but unsent tweets are available across all your iOS devices, thank to Twitterrific’s excellent iCloud syncing.
To insert drafts into the compose field, tap the drafts icon to open the list of saved tweets. You can now tap the Copy Drafts icon to both copy a tweet to the clipboard and insert it into the compose field.
Alternatively, tap the Insert Draft icon to insert a saved tweet directly into the compose field. Selecting Insert moves it from the current list of drafts into compose, effectively deleting it in the process.
Other changes in this Twitterrific release include an improved sidebar interface, better push notifications, smart quotes, URLs above iOS 8 share sheets, bug fixes and more.
Twitterrific 5.1 highlights:
- Muffling and Muting
- New sidebar item for managing your muffles
- Convert any muffle filter to mute
- View a list of all muffled screennames, hashtags, domains, and keywords
- Access muffle options (delete/mute) by swiping left on any list item
- Add muffles for any term from scratch
- Keyword muffling/muting supports regular expressions
- Draft Support
- Account-based and synced through iCloud
- Options to copy or insert and delete drafts into compose
- Tap and hold on drafts icon to quickly insert the top draft into compose
- Rearrange, copy, and delete drafts quickly
- Smart Quotes support when composing tweets
- Push notifications now show more text
- Push notifications display expanded URLs
- Large image previews when attaching pictures to tweets
- URLs, hashtags, and usernames displayed above share sheets for reference
- Emailed links have a more relevant default subject line
- Tap-hold on thumbnails in the timeline now shares the thumbnail image
- Streamlined reauthorization when needed for access to direct messages
- Tweaked swipe gesture to make opening the sidebar easier
- Thinner sidebar for better access to the timeline
- Reduced overlay transparency when the Reduce Transparency iOS accessibility setting is enabled
- Links opened in Chrome now create a new tab
- Added media preview support for twitrpix
- General speed improvements
- Sidebar can be accessed via VoiceOver when pinned open
- Twitter links in Slack can now be successfully opened in Twitterrific
- Rotating the device when the sidebar is pinned open in landscape (iPad, iPhone 6+) no longer causes the timeline to lose its position
The Twitterrific version history webpage has a complete list of what’s new in this release. The 6.7-megabyte app requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 7.0 or later.
Twitterrific for Mac is available for $4.99 in the Mac App Store.