If you’ve been holding out on purchasing Agile Bits’ popular 1Password app due to price tag, you may want to pay attention. In wake of the nasty Heartbleed bug that has compromised millions and millions of usernames and passwords this week, the developers have decided to discount both Mac and iOS versions of the app by 50%…
1Password for Mac
– Create strong, unique passwords for every site
– Secure your data behind a single Master Password
– Protect yourself with tamper-proof Authenticated 256-bit AES Encryption
– Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your Mac is lost or stolen
– Use Security Audit to make your passwords stronger
– Automatically log into websites using your favorite browsers
– Fill credit cards and signup forms with a single click
– Open websites and automatically submit login information using Go & Fill bookmarks
– iCloud support means secure syncing with Apple simplicity
– Dropbox support provides cross-platform syncing and sharing
– Use custom folder sync to sync computers within the security of your own network
You can find 1Password for Mac in the Mac App Store for $24.99 (normally $50).
1Password for iOS
– Create, edit and use many item types including: Credit Cards, Secure Notes, Passports, Bank Accounts, and much more
– Mark your most used items as Favorites
– Organize your data into Folders
– Attachment viewer
– Powerful search
– Built-in browser: surf the web, login to websites and shop online with full access to your vault data, all without leaving 1Password.
– Use Go & Fill to easily launch and sign in to websites with a single tap
– Fill credit cards while shopping online
– Fill address information during signup
– Secure with military grade 256-bit AES encryption
– Cryptographic operations use standard iOS libraries to ensure no security gaps or backdoors
– Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your device is lost or stolen
You can find 1Password for iOS in the App Store for $8.99 (normally $18).
These two apps have received numerous awards over the years, and are very highly regarded in the Mac/iOS community. There’s no telling how long the sale will last, but we imagine it’ll at least go through the weekend. Even if you don’t pickup the apps, though, we still recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Heartbleed bug.
Want to know about a great app? Try Duet Display, an awesome app that turns your iPhone or iPad into an extra display for your Mac or PC. Get it now in the App Store.