In time for the start of the 2014 Major League Baseball (MLB) season, the official MLB.com At Bat app has finally received its long-expected iOS 7-focused redesign. This is a major refresh as the app was last updated in October 2013.
MLB.com At Bat version 7.0, now available free in the App Store, has hit a home run for iOS 7 with a brand new interface (flatter, of course), a new league-wide scoreboard functionality and inline video playback. I’ve included a few screenshots of the new design and some additional tidbits right below the fold…
Here’s the app’s new iOS 7-friendly icon for your Home screen.
The app includes access to the Spring Training through the World Series.
This new version has been thoroughly redesign for iOS 7 aesthetics, down to the flattened experience and the use of the familiar swiping gesture to navigate between the menus. In addition to the visual changes, the app now delivers inline video playback and includes a new league-wide scoreboard functionality for single-tap expansion.
Note that a $19.99 per year (or $2.99 per month) subscription fee is required to access 2014 season content, Spring Training through the World Series. MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 14 for free.
Spring Training features include:
- Access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch live video of more than 200 Spring Training games
- Listen to available radio broadcasts of Spring Training games
- Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 14 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
- Universal support for At Bat 14 subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
- Follow batter-by-batter action for every Spring Training game
- Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters and player stats for every team
- Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics (iPad)
- Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
- Video library archive, searchable by keyword
- Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
- Closed captioning for live video
Additional features will be released in an app update before Opening Day.
iOS 7.0 or later is required.