United Airlines has posted an update for its iOS app this morning, bringing it to version 2.0.1. Well it’s calling it an update, but it’s been completely rebuilt with an iOS 7-friendly design and several new features.
Included in the new design are what United is calling ‘travel cards,’ which look like Windows Phone Live Tiles that provide quick access to info like flight status, and more. We’ve got the release notes after the fold…
What’s New in Version 2.0.10
– All-new iOS 7-friendly design
– Improved booking search results, giving you the choice of a list view for more flights on the screen, or an expanded view for a more detailed display
– Multi-segment award bookings
– Enhanced calendar selection for flight search
– All-new seat map design
– New mobile boarding pass display with enhanced multi-passenger view
– TSA pre-screening logo added to Passbook mobile boarding passes for eligible customers
– Streamlined flight status look and feel
The travel wallet is another shortcut that holds all of your relevant information in one place. This includes upcoming reservations, mobile boarding passes, and more, and you can add these to your home screen travel cards.
While I don’t travel enough (or even particularly with United) to keep this app on my iPhone, I have to say I’m very impressed with this update. The new design looks great, and I’m really liking the customizable home screen.
If you’d like to check it out for yourself, you can find the latest version of the United Airlines app, for both the iPhone and iPad, in the App Store for free.