Finally, Apple’s Podcast app is usable. I lamented over the fact that there was no iCloud subscription syncing included with the initial release, but it looks like Apple has acknowledged this glaring hole, and fixed it up just in time for iOS 6.
Take a look inside for the full change log, and our video hands-on of the original release…
- Support for iOS 6
- Automatically keep your podcast subscriptions up to date between devices using iCloud
- A new setting to choose to automatically download new episodes only when on Wi-Fi
- A new setting to choose whether to play episodes by oldest to newest or newest to oldest
- Pull to refresh a subscription to check for new episodes on iOS 6
- Additional performance and stability improvements
We’ll be back soon with an updated hands-on look at the new Podcasts app update, but in the meantime, go ahead and download the update, and let us know what you think about it in the comments.