I find Tweetbot to be “over designed,” meaning its user interface it’s too heavy for my eyes. I hear it’s still people’s favorite Twitter app for iPhone though, so they must definitely be doing something right.
Today, Tweetbot was updated to version 2.0, bringing the following new features:
- Updated timeline view
- Image thumbnails in timeline
- Links now colored and single-tappable
- “Retweeted by” bar now integrated and tappable
- Cell colors adjusted for better contrast
- New direct message view.
- Redesigned “New Tweets” bar (Can be dismissed by tap and configured in Settings > Display)
- Timed auto-refresh (timeline, mentions, and DM’s will refresh every 5 minutes)
- Readability added as mobilizer service
- Much improved tweet replies view
- Links in user’s bio now tappable
- “Huge” font size option in Settings > Display
- Improved scrolling performance
You can download Tweetbot from the App Store for $2.99.
If you ask me, I’ll tell you that I’ll stick to SimplyTweet, which has been my favorite Twitter iPhone app for a while now.