According to MacRumors:
iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Update
This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
- Improved general stability of Safari
- Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 3G
The baseband has been updated too (Modem Firmware: 02.30.03) so again, do not update your iPhone if you are jailbroken/unlocked.
Apparently, there is no major features added to this update. I will keep you posted as the news come.
As usual, you can download the latest firmwares for all iPhones and iPod Touch in the iPhone downloads section.
Thanks @dannyswrld for the tip and for this update on what’s up with 2.2.1:
- Faster and snappier!
- Less crashy.
- All Safari bugs I know of have been fixed.
- RAM is definitely better. Apps don’t eat it up as much as before.
- Bug fixed where saved images were pixelated and blurry.
- Bug fixed where when you turned on an app on a flat surface the accelerometer would turn off.
- Emoji’s still work.
Leave a comment about what you think is new in this firmware.