If there’s one thing about jailbreaking my iOS devices that stands out to me most, it’s being able to customize the look and feel of iOS outside of Apple’s stock parameters. Fortunately, there’s no shortage of jailbreak tweaks that can do this, and new ones are seemingly being released every day.
In this piece, we’ll take a closer look at Colorful Widgets, a new free release by iOS developer Mateusz Morawski that colorizes your iPhone or iPad’s widgets with a whole host of different options.
In the screenshot example above, you’ll notice how the widget backgrounds are being automatically colored based on the dominant color in the app icon. This is just one of several options that you can pick from, in addition to manually selecting the colors yourself.
After installing Colorful Widgets, you’ll find a preference pane in the Settings app where you can configure the tweak to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Disable the widget background blur effect
- Disable the solid background effect
- Make all widgets completely transparent
- Hide the app icon from all widget interfaces
- Enable custom header color
- Select the custom header color
- Enable custom content color
- Select the custom content color
- Automatically derive widget color from the app icon
- Use the app icon’s dominant color
- Manually configure the alpha level of the color derived from the app icon
The developer includes a “Respring to apply changes!” button at the bottom of the preference pane that you should use whenever changing the settings; this ensures that your changes take effect following the respring.
If theming and customizing aesthetics is your forte, then you might want to give Colorful Widgets a try. It’s available as a free download from NepetaDev’s beta repository in Cydia and plays nicely with all jailbroken iOS 11 devices.
How will you configure your widget’s colors? Let us know in the comments section below.