In the past we’ve deemed SBSettings an absolute “must have” jailbreak app for all jailbroken iPhone users, and we still stand by that statement with the latest update to the hugely popular jailbreak app.
If you’re new to the jailbreak scene and have no clue what SBSettings is, basically it’s a completely free, fast, and skinnable device manager from the developers over at BigBoss. Here’s the best part: to launch the app simply slide your finger across the top banner and a window will drop down with several, customizable toggles such as Bluetooth, Brightness, WiFi, 3G, Airplane mode, CallerID, and more!
The latest update (version 3.3.1) brings quite a few new features as well as bug fixes. Here’s a complete rundown of all the new features and bug fixes:
- Fix: statusbar date on 4.2.1 or newer devices.
- Fix: Updated fix blanks button to hopefully not crash when more than one blank exists
- Fix: Hopefully fixed the more app crashing when one of the ads cannot load.
- Fix: When moving toggles order, added back the “save” button so user knows to press “save” to save changes.
- Fix: Lock screen buttons when you hit the power button on the lock screen. Removed lock and the title so it fits.
- Fix: Internal window ordering in main drop down window to help compatibility issue with folder enhancer.
- New: Added option to more app, system options, to delete the carrier name to give more space to statusbar for things like date and free memory.
- New: Included Max’s Serious SBSettings HD theme that adds a retina icons display theme to default sbsettings. Thanks to Max at maxthemes.com for this great theme!
- New: Added retina icons for the more app for retina displays. Thanks to 42395_skyline for these icons!
- New: Added support for springboard key that was used by makeitmine app. This means that installing SBSettings should actually fix makeitmine. (I did this because it’s needed for the delete carrier name option).
- Toggles: Removed phone toggle from default. It doesn’t work on 4.2.1 and newer devices. Use airplane instead. (Phone toggle is now installable via separate package in cydia for older devices).
The update is available now in Cydia!
Let us know how the new version is running so far, and for our readers that just installed SBSettings for the first time, let us know how you like it!