So it’s been a few days. We’ve been blogging and testing like mad, but we have not really found much else. We’ve just found a few small tweaks in stuff (we’ll be posting underneath now). Remember this is still a beta, so any juicy undocumented features is likely to be hidden until the release. So here we go:
- New Safari features in Settings such as AutoFill (remembers passwords and usernames), and Fraud Warning (warns when you are in a fraudulent site).
- Shake to Shuffle added. Not working great in this beta but it’s there.
- The Stocks icon has been slightly tweaked. Nothing much really.
- Maps features that iPhone users got in 2.2.1 have been added for the iPod Touch (such as street view, etc.)
- Locate Me for the iPod Touch seems improved and more accurate.
- Push Notification (at least for Mobile Me) is working pretty well.
- Most 2.x apps appear to work
- AppStore now installs app from the second page on. You can move the apps to the first page manually though.
- MobileMe now has a “Locate my Device” option. Still not available on me.com
- Mail now has “Load Remote Image” option to prevent spam (shout-out to the readers in the comments for clearing that up).
- Restrictions have been updated and now block “Current Location” and allows setting what content is appropriate.
- SpotLight is working quite well. A bit laggy once in a while but works pretty well.
- The AppStore screenshot browsing method has changed a bit.
- Emoji can still be enabled.
- The 9 page limit is still there.
That’s a summary of all the stuff we’ve been posting. Screenshot galore here.
Now we mentioned we’ve found a few things tweaked. It was not worth a whole post back then. But we’re adding it here.
- In landscape Stocks mode you can actually tap and drag a dot and it will show the balance:
- Something cool. In Safari now the bottom bar is semi transparent. So no more interfering with the site you are on!:
- I can’t remember if this was here before. When looking at a contact a “Text Message” and “Share Contact button”.
- YouTube got mega updated. Account integration:
- Comments, ratings, and flag:
- More Info button (useful for long descriptions)
- Slightly tweaked, with add to playlist feature (requires YouTube account):
- And as seen above “Favorites” has been added to the bottom bar.
That’s about it for now. If we find anything (even miner) we’ll add it here.