iPhone 6 seamless screen

With just a few weeks until Apple’s assumed fall refresh of its smartphone lineup, revered analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities cautions that Apple appears to have slightly delayed mass production of ‘iPhone 6s’ and ‘iPhone 6s Plus’ devices.

The phones should enter volume production later this month, or about one to two weeks later than originally expected, Kuo was quoted as saying by Taiwanese media. Thankfully, the slight delay shouldn’t affect Apple’s launch plans so expect the new iPhones to drop in mid-September.

To help deliver the new iPhones on time, Apple has reportedly lowered iPhone 6 orders to make room for manufacturing the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus devices. If the report is true, launch shortages of new iPhones should be expected.

According to Taiwan’s Central News Agency, the reason for the reported delay is unknown at this stage. Several crucial components for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus recently started shipping, including the fully assembled front display part, Fore Touch sensors and Apple-designed ‘A9’ silicon.

iPhone 6s front panel NowhereElse leak 001

Apple commissioned Foxconn and Pegatron to assemble the upcoming handsets.

Foxconn is reportedly responsible for a lion’s share of assembly work with an estimated 60 percent of all iPhone 6s models while Pegatron took on responsibility for the remaining 40 percent.

As for the larger-screened 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus, that device will be solely assembled in Foxconn’s facilities, the analyst said.

Photo: a factory worker is packing next-gen iPhone front display parts for shipment. Credit: NowhereElse.fr.

Source: Central News Agency (Google Translate) via G for Games

  • Toukale

    And so begins the annual news of production issues and delays.

    • Fanboy 

      Blows my mind that websites publish this kind of crap. How easy is it to pretend you know something and say “My super duper reliable sources tell me there are delays BUT it will still launch on time” with no kind of proof to back up that there is a delay to begin with. So in September when the iPhone’s launch, everyone will praise this guy (once again) because he “predicted” they would still launch on time.

    • iPhoneWINS

      yup same BS every damn year

    • Anthony Lara

      To the top you go!

  • InfinitePlusOne

    When’s the WWDC?

  • Micke på taket

    O well..

  • pnh

    Typical Apple headline to generate artificial demand.