Well, it’s Friday afternoon and the folks at FireCore have just given jailbroken second generation Apple TV owners something else to be excited about as the weekend approaches: an update for the popular software suite: aTV Flash (black).
The update, which brings the app to version 2.1, features several improvements including a new TV show playlist option, which makes it easier to pick up where you left off with your favorite show, customizable favorites, and more…
Here’s the full aTV Flash (black) 2.1 change log from FireCore’s blog:
- NEW! TV Show Playlists – easily pick up from the last unwatched episode
- NEW! Custom Favorites – create favorites from almost anything, including search terms
- Big speed improvements while browsing movies/shows
- Library and Search items can now be hidden from main menu
- Now showing ‘Writers’ instead of ‘Producers’ on pre-playback screen
- .ite folders are now hidden from view
- Hidden files are no longer included in slideshows
- Better metadata fetching
- Better trakt syncing and scrobbling
- Better handling of network settings and errors
- Many search related improvements
- Many subtitle related improvements (special characters, performance, etc…)
- Fixed rare Last.fm scrobbling issue
- Fixed rare problems when playing audio files
- Fixed a few memory related issues
- iOS 6 support
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
The new Favorites feature is particularly cool, as it allows you to access your favorite content on your Apple TV very quickly. For example, if you want a quick link to season 4 of The Office, you can get there in just a single step with Favorites.
As you know, aTV Flash (black) is only available for the second-generation Apple TV, as there’s no jailbreak for the ATV3 yet. And although it claims that it’s compatible with iOS 6, there’s not an untethered jailbreak available for that either.
At any rate, if you own aTV Flash (black), you can download 2.1 for free by opening the app on your Apple TV and going to Maintenance > Manage Extras. Otherwise, you can purchase it from FireCore’s website for $29.95.