A new version of TweetBot for iOS has popped up in the App Store today, bringing the popular Twitter client to version 2.3. The update is a sizable one, featuring a number of new additions and bug fixes.
The theme of 2.3 seems to be all about speed. If you’ve ever disliked Tweetbot because you felt it was too slow, this new version might be worth trying — it’s much faster. Keep reading for the full changelog…
- New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
- New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
- New conversation view now contains both the conversations and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
- Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in conversation view
- Droplr Support
- Video thumbnails now have a “play” icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
- Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
- Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
- Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
- Higher res image uploads when on wifi
- Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
- Support for $stock links
- Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
- Arabic Localization
It looks like the new version is available for both the iPhone and iPad. If you already own the app, you can download the update from the Updates tab in the App Store. If not, you can download Tweetbot from here for $2.99.
What do you think of Tweetbot 2.3?