Whether you own a blog, are introducing a service, or building a product, you’ll need a logo. This visual representation of your brand is key to recognition. And if you’re just starting out, you may not have the budget for a professional designer.
You can use simple and free apps on your computer for creating logos. This gives you a great start to a visual you can build on and evolve over time. Check out this list of free logo makers for Mac and see which one has the features you want to create an outstanding logo.
Logo design apps for Mac
Logo Maker – Design Monogram
Start with a template or icon for your logo and then pick a category like e-commerce, music, art, business, and many more with Logo Maker- Design Monogram.
Logo Maker features:
- Customize the font, background, colors, and shapes.
- Use layers for the design elements.
- Export your logo as a JPG or upgrade to pro for PNG and print options.
- Create matching materials like posters, flyers, and business cards.
Logo Maker gives you many templates and icons to choose from with the free plan. And since you can fully customize the logo, this is a great option. If you do want a pro item, you can check out the premium subscription plans.
- Availability: Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free with paid subscription plans for additional designs and export options
FotoJet Designer Lite
With FotoJet Designer Lite, you can browse all logo templates or narrow down your choices by industry. Then, customize each element with easy-to-use tools.
FotoJet Designer Lite features:
- Completely customize fonts, images, effects, opacity, and more for the design.
- Save your logo as a JPG or a PNG with an optional transparent background.
- Share designs directly to social media.
- Create other items from cards, invitations, and flyers to social media posts, covers, and ads.
If you’ve ever used Canva, the interface is similar in FotoJet Designer Lite. It’s intuitive and makes designing your logo a breeze.
- Availability: Mac, Windows, and the web
- Cost: Free with a premium version for more templates, advanced tools, and additional resources
If you prefer to create your logo totally from scratch without templates, look at LogoDesign2. You start with a blank canvas and add each element with complete customization options and tools.
- Add shapes, symbols, emojis, animals, and miscellaneous images.
- Include text with styles, sizes, colors, and formatting, and make it curved or wrapped.
- Use tools to flip, rotate, scale, crop, resize, combine, uncombine, unite, and more.
- Export your logo as SVG, SVGZ, PNG, JPG, and others.
The LogoDesign2 app is a terrific tool to check out. You don’t get a jumpstart with templates, but you don’t have the limitations with those types of apps either. You create your logo your way from start to finish.
- Availability: Mac
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase to unlock all features
Wrapping it up
This may not be a huge list, but after trying and testing many logo makers for Mac, these are definitely at the top. They each have the necessary features, tools, and flexible options for creating the perfect logo for your business. Whether you want to start with a template or build your logo from scratch, you’re covered.
If you have a different free Mac tool that you’d like to recommend, please share it in the comments below. And take a look at these logo makers for iPad to design on the go!