If you just jailbroke your iOS or iPadOS 13 or 14 device and you’re in the market for a way to make subtle adjustments to your mobile operating system without breaking the bank, then we’ve got a treat for you.
Uranium is a newly released and free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer FissionDev that introduces a myriad of miscellaneous options for tweaking the iOS and iPadOS user interface.
All-in-one jailbreak tweaks are nothing new to the modern jailbreak community, however finding them without some sort of price tag attached can be somewhat of a challenge. Uranium finds its niche in this department, and we think you’ll agree.
Once installed, Uranium adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure a number of options to their liking:
Here, users are able to:
- Hide the Home Screen Dock’s background
- Hide the Lock Screen’s Quick Action buttons
- Hide the Home Bar from notched devices
- Hide the Control Center grabber from the Lock Screen
- Hide page dots from the Home Screen
- Hide app labels from icons on the Home Screen
- Hide the updated app dot from icons on the Hoke Screen
- Hide the “swipe to unlock” text from the Lock Screen
- Always display the MagSafe charging animation when connecting to a charger
- Hide the “No Older Notifications” text from Notification Center
- Hide the Face ID padlock from the Lock Screen
- Hide the App Library from the iOS 14 Home Screen
As you can discern for yourself, Uranium includes quite a few gem options including the MagSafe charging animation, hiding unwanted UI elements, and more. It even includes the functionality of a recently released tweak called ByeQuickAction. As a free tweak, it goes above and beyond what I’d expect, and so it comes with an easy recommendation for new jailbreakers or those who would simply like easy customization.
If you’re interested in giving Uranium a try, then you can download the tweak for free from the Packix repository via your favorite package manager. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 13 and 14 devices.
What was your favorite feature of the Uraniuk tweak outlined above? Let us know down in the comments section below.