The fabled Sileo package manager, which was once endemic to jailbreaks such as Chimera, Odyssey, and Taurine, is now officially available for all modern jailbreak solutions, including the likes of checkra1n and unc0ver, without the requirement of installing the Odysseyra1n script or the Procursus bootstrap.
Given just how frequently we’re asked how to get the Sileo package manager alongside Cydia on checkra1n or unc0ver without unwanted hacks or substantial jailbreak-changing commitments, we decided to take this unique opportunity to show you how to use the new Sileo installer for the checkra1n and unc0ver jailbreaks.
What you need to know
Unlike Odysseyra1n, which completely uninstalled Cydia and many parts of the checkra1n jailbreak’s native Bingner/Elucubratus bootstrap in order to replace it with the Procursus bootstrap, this open source installer won’t do any of that. Instead, it will simply install the Sileo package manager alongside Sileo, leaving everything else alone.
If you’ve always wanted to try or use Sileo but were afraid of or hesitant about the aforementioned changes and how they’d affect your jailbroken device and its behavior, then this new installer is for you. All you need to use take advantage of it is an iPhone or iPad that has been pwned with checkra1n or unc0ver – the rest is a piece of cake.
We should also note that all previous Sileo installer tutorials we’ve shared, including the Bingner installer, are now considered deprecated and should not be used. The Sileo Installer that you’re about to try out in this tutorial is officially endorsed and supported by the Sileo Team.
We reiterate: if you plan to install Sileo on your checkra1n or unc0ver device, then this is the only approved method as of now. Any other methods are performed at your own risk.
If you used a previous Sileo installer, it’s strongly recommended that you remove it before proceeding with this official installer. If you installed Odysseyra1n, then you would need to use the Restore System feature in the checkra1n Loader app and then re-jailbreak to get the Bingner/Eleucubratus bootstrap back before moving forward.
How to get Sileo on checkra1n or unc0ver
To install the Sileo package manager on your checkra1n or unc0ver device alongside Cydia, you can follow the steps outlined below:
1) Launch the Cydia app from your Home Screen:
2) Tap on the Sources tab at the bottom of the app, then tap on the blue Edit button at the top right corner:
3) Next, tap on on the blue Add button at the top left corner of the app:
4) In the pop-up that appears, enter the following repository URL, then tap on the blue Add Source button:
5) When the source finishes loading, tap on the Return to Cydia button at the bottom of the app:
6) Afterward, you can tap on the Search tab at the bottom of the app, then type Sileo into the search bar, and tap on the result indicated below:
7) Next, tap on the blue Install button at the top right of the app:
8) Validate that you want to install Sileo by tapping on the blue Confirm button at the top right of the app:
9) After the installation completes, tap on the Return to Cydia button at the bottom of the app:
And that’s all there is to it. You can now return to your Home Screen to find the Sileo package manager alongside Cydia:
Upon launching Sileo, you may enjoy all the features the app provides just as a Chimera, Odyssey, or Taurine user would:
This could be perhaps one of the easiest Sileo installers that we’ve ever featured on iDownloadBlog, and we’d expect nothing less from an installer officially endorsed and supported by the Sileo Team. This Sileo installer won’t install any dependencies or uninstall any packages already on your device when you use it.
Were you able to get Sileo up and running on your checkra1n or unc0ver device using the steps above? Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.