“Crash Bandicoot: On The Run!” is coming to the iPhone and iPad in Spring 2021 via publisher Activision and mobile developer King, which is behind the popular Candy Crush series.
From the game’s description:
Crash Bandicoot is back, but this time he’s on the run and on mobile! That means high-speed battle runs across Wumpa Island to save the multiverse from the evil Dr. Neo Cortex; smash crates, avoid obstacles and run into your favorite characters… Not to mention battling your favorite Crash bosses, earning rewards, base building and weapon crafting – all with a customizable Crash!
Developers are promising more than a hundred hours of gameplay, over fifty bosses and a dozed lands to explore. With the launch trailer embedded below.
Engadget reports that the iOS version of the game will include multiplayer mode, the original locations, charcaters and bosses, and so forth.
The game is an endless runner, which will also have weapons crafting and base-building on the go. It features characters aside from Crash that fans already know and love (or hate), including Coco, the goofy-looking Fake Crash and our hero’s nemesis Neo Cortex. You’ll have to defeat Neo Cortex in the Lab, which is one of the franchise’s most notoriously difficult levels.
Here are the key highlights of the game:
Classic Crash Bandicoot gameplay
- Running, sliding and jumping and with your favorite Crash Bandicoot characters on Wumpa Island.
- Run across iconic locations and explore Turtle Woods, Lost City, Temple Ruins, the Lab and many more tracks!
- Follow secret paths and run into hidden island locations for in-game challenges and rewards.
Battle the best Crash bosses
- Battle iconic characters like Scorporilla, Nitrus Brio, Nina Cortex, Dingodile or Fake Crash for cool rewards.
- Build up your Bandicoot running skills and scout the Island to defeat all Dr. Neo Cortex’s minions in epic battles.
- Beat them with style: customize Crash for extra XP points!
Craft gadgets and weapons
- Team up with an all-time favorite character – Coco Bandicoot! – and spot enemies across the island.
- Go on battle runs and unlock rewards to build up, upgrade and customize the base.
- Gather ingredients on collection runs to craft serums and buildings.
- Unlock weapons like bombs and rayguns for battle runs and win rewards.
Earn game rewards and customize Crash
- Unlock skins and costumes of famous characters to build and customize your unique Crash Bandicoot.
- Customize Crash, go on the run and unlock challenges, characters and rewards to give your game a Bandicoot boost.
Go running with friends in multiplayer
- Up your game and join other Bandicoots on asynchronous multiplayer runs.
- Run the island alongside fellow customized Crash and build your own stylish Bandicoot crew!
- Earn in-game Crash points to climb the solo and team leaderboards for rewards.
You can pre-order the game from the App Store if you’d like to be notified when it becomes available to download. In addition, those who sign up early will be treated to a mobile-exclusive Blue Hyena Skin from Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled on launch day.
The game is free to play, with optional in-game items requiring payment. An Internet connection is required to play “Crash Bandicoot: On The Run!”.