Chronic multitaskers are apt to use the iPhone’s App Switcher for rapidly moving between recently-used apps more frequently, but wouldn’t it be great if Apple offered at least some form of user customization for what could be considered one of the iPhone’s most-used interfaces?
If you answered yes to the question above, then we invite you to check out a newly released and free jailbreak tweak dubbed App Switcher Controller by iOS developer Tomasz Poliszuk, as it provides iPhone users with a bevy of options for personalizing the App Switcher interface.
Once installed, App Switcher Controller adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure a few options to their liking:
Here, you can:
- Enable App Switcher Controller on or off on demand
- Choose between the he default, iPhone-style, or iPad-style App Switcher interface
- Configure App Switcher card appearance
- Configure App Switcher background appearance
- Reset settings to their defaults
- Respring to save any changes you make
Digging deeper, users will find the following options tucked away in the preference pane’s comprising cells:
In terms of App Switcher Card appearance, users can:
- Hide or show the application icon
- Hide or show the application name
In terms of App Switcher background appearance, users can:
- Adjust the wallpaper scale level with a slider
- Adjust the Home Screen scale level with a slider
- Adjust the Home Screen opacity level with a slider
- Adjust the blue level with a slider
- Adjust the dimming effect with a slider
If you’re in the market for quick and easy App Switcher customization, then it’s hard to go wrong with the new App Switcher Controller tweak. It’s available as a free download from the BigBoss repository via your favorite package manager and supports jailbroken iOS 13 devices out of the box. Best of all, it’s open source on the developer’s GitHub page.
Do you plan to customize your handset’s App Switcher interface with the new App Switcher Controller tweak? Let us know why or why not in the comments section below.