Noise induced hearing loss
By default, these new headphones limit still volume to 85dB, but you can turn the volume up to a maximum of 95dB if required for a limited time period. This isn’t just marketing talk — hearing damage stemming from listening to music at high volume levels is real.
The World Health Organisation warned back in 2015 that a whopping 1.1 billion teenagers and young adults aged between 12-35 years are at risk of noise induced hearing loss.
Much of that was attributed to the unsafe use of personal audio devices. Researchers discovered that every other respondent was listening to music on their smartphones and media players at unsafe volume levels, contributing to hearing damage.
The problem with hearing loss is that many people are unaware that they’re suffering from it because they continually turn up the volume to compensate. The PuroPro headphones attempt to reduce the risk of hearing loss posed by unsafe exposure to sounds in recreational settings by automatically limiting the maximum sound output volume.
Other features or PurePro
Concretely, these headphones limit the volume to 85 dB for up to eight hours per day and 95 dB for up to 50 mins per day, according to recommendations set by the World Health Organization. You also get two adjustable levels for the active noise-cancelling feature.
Note that you can also limit the maximum headphone volume in iOS Settings.
PurPro at a glance
Check out the key features of the PuroPro headphones:
- Volume limited to 85dB and 95dB
- Battery life At 85dB:
- 28 hours with noise cancellation
- 32 hours without noise cancellation
- 300 hours of standby time
- Adjustable noise cancellation: 15 dB +/- 2 dB, 32 dB +/- 2 dB
- 2 EQ settings (maximum volume 85dB and 95dB)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Durable design for comfort and long-term usage
- Puro balanced response frequency curve
- 5 microphones (4 for noise cancellation and one mic for communications)
- Hard-cover carrying case
- Environmentally-friendly packaging
The accessory rocks lightweight foldable design with durable, supple protein leather headband and ear cushions. They ship in a hard cover carrying case.’