When you’re creating slides for a presentation in Keynote, you probably spend a lot of time making them just right. And with that, you might create different versions of the same slide to see which one works best. On the other hand, you may want to use one version of a slide for one audience and the other for another.
Keynote gives you an easy way to skip slides when presenting your slideshow that comes in handy for these types of scenarios. So, this tutorial shows you how to easily skip and then unskip slides in Keynote on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Skip and unskip slides in Keynote on iPhone and iPad
Open your slideshow in Keynote on iPhone or iPad and then follow these steps to skip a slide. Keep in mind that you can still edit slides you skip.
1) In the Slide View, select the slide(s) you want to skip in the navigator.
2) Tap the slide and then tap again to display the shortcut menu.
3) Use the arrow to move until you see Skip Slide and tap it.
Slides you skip will display as thin lines in the Slide View navigator on the left.
Unskip: Follow the same steps to unskip a slide in Slide View and select Unskip Slide in the shortcut menu.
1) In Light Table View select the slide(s) you want to skip.
2) Tap the line icon in the toolbar at the bottom.
Slides you skip will appear dimmed with a line as their slide number.
Unskip: Follow the same steps in Light Table View and tap the box icon at the bottom.
Skip and unskip slides in Keynote on Mac
Open your slideshow in Keynote on your Mac and then do the following to skip a slide. Like on iPhone and iPad, you can still edit skipped slides and work on them like you would any other slide.
1) In either the Navigator, Light Table, or Outline view select the slide(s) you want to skip.
2) Right-click, hold Control and click, or select Slide from the menu bar. Choose Skip Slide.
Depending on the view you use next, you’ll see your skipped slide differently.
- Navigator and Outline view: Skipped slides appear as a thin line.
- Light Table view: Skipped slides appear as dimmed with a line as their slide number. Also in this view, you can check the box at the bottom to Hide skipped slides if you like.
To unskip a slide, follow the same steps as above and choose Unskip Slide. If you’re in Navigator or Outline view, you’ll be selecting that thin line that represents the slide. In Light Table view, make sure to uncheck the box to Hide skipped slides and then you can select and unskip.
Wrapping it up
The ability to skip slides in your Keynote presentations is convenient for a variety of situations. So keep this handy feature in mind when putting together your next Keynote slideshow.