When you want to share something on your device, you want it to be quick and easy. We showed you how to clean up and customize the Share Menu on Mac. So now we’ll help you do the same on your iOS device.
Here’s how to customize your Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad for faster sharing.
Open the Share Sheet
We’ll walk you through customizing both your sharing apps and actions. But it all starts in the Share Sheet.
So open an app or item that offers up the Share button to open your Share Sheet. Then, once you customize it using the steps below, your choices and changes will be remembered.
Customize the sharing apps
For your sharing options, you’ll see some contacts you message often on the top row. On the second row, your device gives you what it thinks you’ll want to use like Mail, Facebook, Notes, and other apps.
1) Scroll to the right of the second row and tap More.
2) Tap Edit at the top of the next screen. You’ll notice that AirDrop has a permanent spot in your Favorites. But the other apps can be removed using the minus signs.
3) At the bottom under Suggestions, enable the toggles for the apps you want to use. And to add one or more to your Favorites, tap the plus sign(s).
4) Tap and drag to reorder your Favorites.
5) When you finish, tap Done.
The next time you open your Share Sheet, your Favorites will be the first ones in the second row so they’re at your fingertips every time.
Customize the Actions
When you open your Share Sheet using the Share button, you’ll see some quick ways to share. And right below there, you’ll have a list of sharing Actions.
One thing to keep in mind about the Actions is that they will vary depending on the app you’re using. For instance, Actions for Safari can include adding to bookmarks or favorites, while Actions for Photos can include adding to an album or using as wallpaper. But you can customize these for each app if you like.
1) Scroll to the very bottom of your Share Sheet and tap Edit Actions.
2) At the top are your Favorites which will display at the top for you each time. Tap a minus sign to remove one and a plus sign at the bottom to add one.
3) Tap and drag to reorder your Favorites.
4) When you finish, tap Done.
Now when you open your Share Sheet, your Favorites will appear in a small section at the top of the Actions list.
Wrapping it up
You know what they say; sharing is caring! So getting your Share Sheet all set on iPhone and iPad can save you some time and aggravation later by popping your favorite apps and actions to the top of the list.
What do you find that you use most often, the sharing apps or the actions? Comment below or let us know on Twitter!