Just like the iOS version, the Mac edition of Alto’s Odyssey is a premium download with no advertisements or in-app purchases. Featuring beautiful graphics, moody tunes and smooth execution, the game has you soaring above windswept dunes, traversing thrilling canyons and exploring ancient temples — all with the simplest controls possible allowing the player to press a single button to perform tricks, chain together combos and more.
You’ll grind across vines, bounce atop hot air balloons, ride towering rock walls and escape lemurs. You can upgrade your character with various skills based on the points you collect in the game, as well as unlock new outfits and characters, each with their own set of skills.
Check out the key features of the game:
- A standalone experience. Alto’s Odyssey is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure, but you don’t need to have played one to enjoy the other.
- Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos and complete 180 goals with intuitive controls.
- Explore Biomes. From the dunes to the canyons to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
- Newfound heights. Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails and wall riding.
- Master the elements. In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
- Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own abilities.
- Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins and no power-ups.
- Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot and share them.
- Moody music. Original tunes and handcrafted audio (headphones recommended).
- iCloud support. Play on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV and your progress will always be in sync.
The game’s developer Snowman today issued updates to the iPhone, iPad and Apple TV version of Alto’s Odyssey to enable progress syncing across platforms.
The Mac version is a standalone purchase even if you own the iOS/tvOS edition of the game.