Most people turn to passcodes or biometric authentication to keep the data on their iPhones and iPads safe from unwanted prying eyes. But as many would agree, there can be certain times when such security measures may be unnecessary or workflow inhibiting, such as when your handset is safe in your home or when you’re physically holding it.
IntelligentPass 3 is a commendable jailbreak tweak by iOS developers Luke Murris and Geometric Software that prevents your pwned iOS device from asking you to enter a passcode or authenticate yourself in ‘low risk’ environments. The tweak identifies said environments based on criteria that you, the user, configure.
Once installed, IntelligentPass 2 can prevent you from having to authenticate yourself in any of the following scenarios:
- When your handset is in Airplane Mode
- When your handset is connected to a Bluetooth-enabled device
- When your AirPods Pro are using active noise cancellation
- When dark mode is turned on
- When your handset is charging
- When selected applications are playing media on your handset
- During certain times of the day
- When your handset is connected to specific Wi-Fi networks
- And more…
The tweak adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure the tweak to your liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle IntelligentPass 3 on or off on demand
- Enable no passcode mode when a Bluetooth device is connected
- Add and manage specific Bluetooth devices to use with IntelligentPass 3
- Enable no passcode mode when apps are playing media
- Add and manage specific media-playing apps to use with IntelligentPass 3
- Enable no passcode mode for specific timeframes
- Configure the start time and the end time for no passcode mode
- Enable no passcode mode when connected to specific Wi-Fi networks
- Add and manage ‘trusted’ Wi-Fi networks to use with IntelligentPass 3
- Enable no passcode mode based on ‘extra’ criteria, such as:
One of my favorite options here is the Wi-Fi feature, because I don’t really have to worry about people snooping through my iPhone when I’m at home. I can just configure IntelligentPass 3 to suppress my passcode and authentication requirement when I’m connected to my home’s Wi-Fi network and I’m golden. The passcode and/or biometric authentication become re-enabled again when I leave my house.
If IntelligentPass 3 is something you’d be interested in, then you can pick it up for $2.99 from the Geometric Software repository in your preferred package manager. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 13 devices, and those using an earlier version of iOS can always opt to use an older version of IntelligentPass.
Will you be installing IntelligentPass 3? Share why or why not in the comments section below.