The checkra1n team is out with a brand-new update for the macOS-centric checkra1n jailbreak tool Saturday morning with official support for Apple’s newly-released iOS 13.3 and several bug fixes and improvements.
The checkra1n team shared news of the latest public beta, dubbed v0.9.7 via Twitter just this morning:
The full change log for this updated checkra1n release is as follows:
– Fixes an issue which prevented the GUI from detecting changes in device modes
– Fixes an issue that caused the GUI to hang when jailbreaking some iPad models
– Add initial Apple TV 4K support
– Purge OTA updates on boot
– Add support for iOS 13.3
– Remove libimobiledevice as a dependency
– Properly handle situations where there’s no internet connection available while bootstrapping tvOS
– Add a Control Center shortcut for the tvOS loader app
If you are experiencing the -20, please rejailbreak with the no-substrate mode option checked in the app, and see if removing tweaks resolves your issue.
– The Apple TV 4K will produce a -20 error, even on a successful jailbreak
If you’re already jailbroken with a previous version of checkra1n, then you can merely reboot your handset to exit the jailbroken state and re-jailbreak with the updated tool to take advantage of the latest changes.
Also, for those interested in learning why it’s a good idea to wait for official tool updates instead of using hex editors to make checkra1n support newer firmware, Luca Todesco answered a question about that this morning:
Just as before, we must warn that this tool is still only in its public beta stages, and we recommend that casual jailbreakers wait for the official public release.
At this time, support for the iPhone 5s, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad Air is very much experimental and may require more jailbreak attempts than usual. Improvements to reliability for these devices will come in future updates.
If you’re adamant about jailbreaking with checkra1n right now despite our warnings, then you can follow the steps in our detailed tutorial to do so. The checkra1n jailbreak should only be downloaded from the official website.
Have you tried the latest version of checkra1n yet? Let us know in the comments section.