Aside from releasing iOS 13.3 for iPhone and iPad earlier today, Apple also launched the major macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update for Mac computers.
How to update
To install the update, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu and click the Software Update icon in the System Preferences window, then follow the onscreen instructions.
If the update seems currently unavailable, check again after a few minutes. The macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update brings a bunch of bug fixes whilst enabling a few new features.
A quick overview of key new features
For starters, you can now use the iTunes Remote feature to control the Music and TV apps, which was possible previously in the discontinued iTunes app.
In the Music app, you can now use the column browser view to manage your music library efficiently. This is yet another popular iTunes feature that got lost when Apple split out iTunes into separate Music, TV and Podcasts apps.
Check out the official releases notes included below for other updates.
macOS Catalina 10.15.2 changelog
The macOS Catalina 10.15.2 update improves the stability, reliability and performance of your Mac and is recommended for all users.
This update adds the following features:
- New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers.
- Get links to related stories or more stories from the same publication at the end of an article.
- “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories.
- Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French.
This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Restores the column browser view for managing the music library.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent album artwork from appearing.
- Fixes an issue that may reset music equalizer settings during playback.
- Adds support for using an iPhone or iPad to remotely control the Music and TV apps on a Mac.
- Resolves an issue that may cause some .AVI and .MP4 files to appear as unsupported.
- Fixes an issue that prevents newly created folders from appearing in Albums view.
- Addresses an issue where manually sorted images in an album may be printed or exported out of order.
- Fixes an issue that prevents the zoom-to-crop tool from working in a print preview.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Mail Preferences to open with a blank window.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent using undo from retrieving deleted mail.
- Improves the reliability of syncing books and audiobooks to your iPad or iPhone through Finder.
- Fixes an issue where reminders may be out of order in the Today smart list in the Reminders app.
- Resolves an issue that may cause slow typing performance in the Notes app.
Your thoughts on macOS Catalina 10.15.2
What do you think about the new features in the new macOS Catalina 10.15.2 software, which one’s your favorite so far and why. Do plan on updating anytime soon?
Let us know by leaving your comment down below.