The checkra1n team is out with another update for the checkra1n public beta on Wednesday, this time bringing the checkm8 bootrom exploit-centric jailbreak up to v0.9.3.
The checkra1n team announced the update just this afternoon via Twitter, adding that it fixes a substantial number of bugs:
Citing the official change log for checkra1n beta v0.9.3, this update incorporates the following changes:
– Fixes an issue where biometrics did not work for some users
– Fixes an issue where the touch screen became unresponsive for some users
– Fixes an issue where the loader app may not have appeared on the homescreen
– Fixes an issue where the iPad Smart Keyboard did not work
– Fixes an issue where the fast charging functionality did not work on some devices
– Fixes an issue where the taptic engine did not work on some devices
– Fixes an issue where battery settings did not load for some users
– Detect a case where the user may have an OTA update downloaded, which caused issues for some users
The loading mechanism for substrate has been rewritten from the ground up in this beta to improve the stability of the device.
Worthy of note, this update resolves some biometric authentication problems and OTA update problems that some users may have experienced. Other fixes included general bug fixes and reliability improvements.
This release is still considered a public beta, and we would strongly recommend holding off until the official public release. That aside, if you’ve already used the checkra1n jailbreak despite the best advice, we would strongly advise doing yourself a favor and installing the latest version from the checkra1n team’s official website.
If you’ve never jailbroken with checkra1n before and need help doing so, then you can follow our detailed step-by-step tutorial.
Has the latest version fixed any of the bugs you were experiencing? Let us know in the comments section.