You might use your Calendar on iPhone and iPad for work in addition to personal events. So having the ability to attach documents to those calendar events can be quite handy, especially for business.
Before iOS 13, there wasn’t a way to do this except for using the notes section or adding a URL. But thankfully one of the features Apple added to the Calendar app is the ability to attach documents to calendar events. And it couldn’t be easier.
Attach a file to a calendar event
For events like meetings, you can attach files for agendas, reports, or documents for review. And even for personal calendar events, you might attach things like photos, lists, or travel itineraries. Whatever the case may be, just follow these steps.
1) Open an existing event or create a new one in the Calendar app.
2) If you open an existing event, tap Edit on the top.
3) Scroll down to and tap Add Attachment.
4) Navigate to the document you want to attach. You can pick from locations like Files, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, or another spot in your list.
5) When you finish attaching files or making other adjustments to your event, tap Done.
If you decide to remove an attachment, open the event, tap Edit, then slide the attachment in the event from right to left, and tap Remove.
Wrapping it up
The ability to attach documents to events is a terrific new feature that’s long overdue for the Calendar app. What are your thoughts on this feature for the Calendar? Will you find it useful?
For other helpful how-tos, check out our Tutorials section.