InvisibleShield, a Zagg-owned glass protector brand, just launched a new line of screen protection for Apple’s iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max with infused antimicrobial properties that help reduce up to 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria from smartphone screens.
Premium iPhone screen protectors
A study conducted by the University of Arizona College of Agriculture and Life Sciences has found that the average phone screen harbors ten times more germs than most toilets. “The thought of that statistic alone should drive us to stop taking our phones with us everywhere we go”, said the firm. Enter the new The InvisibleShield Glass Elite VisionGuard+ line.
InvisibleShield’s latest glass protection products sport a bacteria-fighting layer that won’t wear away over time because its anti-microbial properties are infused in the glass itself. This layer eliminates up to 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria found on the surface of device screen.
This is combined with Glass Elite, their strongest glass screen protection that helps the phone screen withstand drops and protects it from dings and scratches. For those wondering, they’re using tempered glass which is four times stronger than traditional glass screen protectors.
There’s also an oil-dispersing layer, called ClearPrint and licensed from NBD Nanotechnologies, that makes fingerprints and smudges virtually invisible to the eye.
And with Eyesafe technology — think of it as an always-on Night Shift mode without yellowish tint — your InvisibleShield will block the harmful blue light while preserving the true colors of the iPhone screen. Blue light has been found to affect your cardiac rhythm and disrupt your sleep so it’s great that they’re actively working on ways to minimize digital eye strain.
Last but not least, the InvisibleShield screen protectors have reinforced edges, are engineered to prevent chipping and offer a streamlined beveled feel when handling an iPhone.
Here’s a quick list of the product’s key features:
- Anti-microbial infused glass reduces 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria from the surface of device screens, and it also won’t wear down with use.
- Extreme shatter protection four times stronger than traditional glass screen protectors.
- Eyesafe technology filters harmful high-energy visible blue light from device screens.
- ClearPrint technology’s oil-dispersing treatment breaks up oil from fingerprints, making them nearly invisible.
- Ion exchange technology increases surface compression for increased strength and scratch-resistance.
- Reinforced edges prevent chipping and offer a smooth feel when handling the device.
With more than 215 million screen protectors sold worldwide, InvisibleShield is a trusted brand. The company backs its screen protectors with a limited lifetime warranty, meaning they’ll replace your InvisibleShield should it get worn or damaged for the life of the device.
Pricing and availability
The InvisibleShield Glass Elite VisionGuard+ costs $50 a pop.