Accessory maker Zagg yesterday launched its Rugged Book Keyboard case for the new iPad mini 5.
The protective keyboard case shields your precious Apple tablet from accidental drops with a mixture of different materials that includes stainless steel, hardened plastics and rubber, which has resulted in a MIL-STD 810G military-grade rating.
According to Zagg, the case provides drop protection for up to 6.6 feet.
An adjustable cradle hinge allows you to choose between multiple viewing angles when using your tablet in media mode. A built-in keyboard pairs wirelessly with your iPad mini 5 using Bluetooth.
The keyboard has laptop-style keys and is easily detachable so you can switch between typing and enjoying media in an instant. A built-in rechargeable battery is rated with a two-year lifespan.
The key highlights include:
- Maximum protection from impact, corner damage and falls up to 6.6 feet by using four layers of stainless steel, polycarbonate and rubber.
- Durable design features an adjustable cradle hinge to allow consumers multiple secure viewing angles, as well as a detachable keyboard for varying work settings.
- Long-lasting, rechargeable battery provides users with up to two years between charges, along with a sleep/wake function that helps preserve battery life when the keyboard is not is use.
- Backlit, laptop style keys that come in 7 different colors to allow easy and comfortable typing, even in lowlight conditions.
- Bluetooth pairing ensures the keyboard pairs instantly with the iPad mini 5.
If you plan on taking your iPad mini 5 places this summer, or just need a durable keyboard case for your kids, consider the Rugged Book Keyboard from Zagg.
The company specializes in protective coverings for consumer electronics and handheld devices so be sure to check out their website for their complete accessory offering.