Weather apps are some of the handiest tools for any device. Whether on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, seeing what’s happening outside before you venture out or what will be happening during your weekend outdoors is essential.
If you don’t yet have a weather app for your Apple TV, this this is your list. Here are five of the best weather apps for Apple TV, in no certain order.
1. Weather Live
Weather Live is a solid weather app for Apple TV that displays a background to match your current conditions. This lets you view what’s currently happening outside at a quick glance.
Weather Live on Apple TV:
- See current conditions and forecasts all on the main screen and click for more details.
- View forecasts by hour or day and watch the background and forecast change on the screen.
- Check out detailed conditions that include humidity, wind chill, sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset, and more.
If you enjoy using Weather Live on your other devices, you’ll like it for Apple TV too.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Android
- Cost: $2.99 on Apple TV. (Free on iOS with in-app purchase options for weather maps, a hurricane tracker, and more.)
2. Carrot Weather
If you don’t mind shelling out a few bucks for a cool weather app, then check out Carrot Weather. You’ll get a sarcastic weather forecast, but all the details you need to plan your day or your weekend.
Carrot Weather on Apple TV:
- See the short-term forecast for the hour or view hourly and daily forecasts.
- Check weather alerts for severe conditions around you.
- View the current conditions and forecasts summarized on the main screen or click for detailed views.
- Set up multiple locations to see what’s happening where you’re headed.
For a little fun with your weather, Carrot Weather is an amusing app that’s available for all your devices in addition to Apple TV.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Mac, and Android
- Cost: $3.99 on Apple TV; search the App Store on your TV for Carrot Weather ($4.99 – $11.99 on other devices.)
For a something extra with your forecast, AccuWeather gives you trending news stories to watch. This is a neat bonus after you check your current conditions.
AccuWeather on Apple TV:
- See your current conditions or scroll down for hourly and daily forecasts, each clickable for complete details.
- View the radar and satellite weather map for precipitation in your area.
- Adjust settings for Fahrenheit or Celsius and set up multiple locations.
- Check severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service.
AccuWeather is a popular weather app across multiple platforms and works just great on Apple TV too.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Android, Windows, Kindle, and the web
- Cost: Free with an in-app purchase to upgrade and receive advanced radar, detailed forecast tools, and more.
4. The Weather Channel
Most everyone has heard of The Weather Channel as it started as an actual television channel and grown into a reliable weather source for multiple platforms. So of course, there’s an app for Apple TV.
The Weather Channel on Apple TV:
- See your current conditions and hourly and daily forecasts on the main screen.
- Check out top videos for weather news, Storm Central, science and nature, and more.
- View live events like the night sky or a meteor shower.
- Adjust settings for Fahrenheit or Celsius and set multiple locations.
For weather predictions you can trust, The Weather Channel for Apple TV gives you all the details you need.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, iMessage, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases to remove the ads, get extended forecasts, and more.
5. Beautiful Weather & Alerts
For something unique in a weather app for Apple TV, look at Beautiful Weather & Alerts. The app gives you lovely animated backgrounds to go with your current conditions.
Beautiful Weather on Apple TV:
- Swipe up and down for your daily and weekly forecasts or left and right for different background scenes.
- Click to get complete weather details including wind, precipitation, and temperatures.
- Press the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV or Siri remote for cute animal sounds to accompany the scene.
Beautiful Weather is just a really nice way to view the weather on your Apple TV. With colorful animations and subtle music to go with your forecast, it’s a great app.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for panoramic views, additional weather details, and more.
Wrapping up these weather apps for Apple TV
Everyone is different when it comes to how they want to view their weather. Some enjoy humor with their forecast while others prefer radar maps. Hopefully one of the weather apps for Apple TV on this list works for you. Let us know!