Not every app you purchase and download on your Mac works out the way you hope. Sometimes you run into a problem with the app or it doesn’t work as described. Unlike Walmart, you can’t just ask for a refund for something you don’t like and get it. But you can make a request for a refund and hope to get it.
Here’s how to request a refund for an app on Mac.
Request a refund through iTunes
To get the process started, open and sign into iTunes on your Mac and then follow these steps to request a refund for an app.
1) Click Store on the top.
2) Select Account on the right under Music Quick Links or click Account > View My Account from the menu bar.
3) Enter your Apple ID password when prompted.
4) Under Purchase History, click See All.
5) Find the app you want a refund for and below the price, click More. When the app details expand, click Report a Problem.
6) You’ll then be taken to the Report a Problem website. From the Choose Problem drop-down, select a reason for your refund request and then add a Description.
7) Click Submit.
Request a refund through the Report a Problem site
Since requesting a refund through iTunes sends you to the Report a Problem website anyway, you can go directly there to ask for a refund instead.
1) Go to the Report a Problem website and log in with your Apple ID.
2) You should land on the Purchases tab, but if not, click it.
3) You’ll see a list of all app purchases for your devices. Find the app you want a refund for and click the Report a Problem button to the right.
4) From the Choose Problem drop-down, select a reason for your refund request and then add a Description.
5) Click Submit.
When you request a refund for an app using either process, just keep in mind Apple’s statement on refunds:
Based on the information that you provide, Apple might provide a refund directly, refer you to the developer, require additional information, or might deny the refund request based on refund eligibility.
Wrapping it up
Have you ever purchased and downloaded a Mac app that you wanted to give back? What about an app on your iPhone or iPad? Remember, you can request refunds for iOS apps directly from your iPhone or use the same processes above for iPhone or iPad too.