Citing a Tweet shared by the Sileo Team just this morning, Sileo version 1.0.2 incorporates each of the following changes:
– Prevent adding a repo more than once to fix sources errors
– Reduce memory usage
– Add Chinese translation
– Uses separate translations for French (France) and French (Canada)
Sileo Team lead CoolStar mentioned yesterday that users were reporting slow loading in the Sileo app, and from what we can tell, it seems to be linked to memory management issues and slow repository loading. CoolStar followed up yesterday, adding that he had optimized the Featured tab’s banners:
CoolStar also Tweeted a few 3D Touch-based Sileo tips and tricks Monday morning:
To recap, some of Sileo’s lesser-known 3D Touch gesture features include:
– 3D Touch on the Get/Modify button to downgrade packages
– 3D Touch on a package and swipe up on the preview to quickly perform actions
– 3D Touch on the Sileo Home screen icon to access app-related shortcuts
If your device doesn’t support 3D Touch, then you can simply tap and hold on a feature instead to perform the same action.
Those jailbroken with the Electra Team’s Chimera or Electra jailbreaks will find this update in the Sileo app upon refreshing their installed sources.
Notably, LaughingQuoll and other developers are working on a new version of Sileo that will run on other jailbreaks, such as Pwn20wnd’s unc0ver tool. Moreover, the Sileo Demo for non-jailbroken devices should soon be made available for testing for everyone else.
Are you enjoying the Sileo user experience, or are you still using the tried and true Cydia app on the unc0ver jailbreak? Share in the comments section below.