When you wake up every morning and see a plethora of missed notification badges sitting on your Home screen, do you ever think to yourself, “man… I wish I could customize those things…”?
If you answered yes to that question, then you’ll be pleased to learn about a new free jailbreak tweak called BaseBadges by iOS developer midey. With this tweak, you can customize the format of your missed notification badges such that they display a variety of bases, notations, and numeral systems!
As you can see in the screenshot example above, the tweak brings a slew of different formats to the table. Among those are:
- Roman Numeral
- Prime Factorization
- Scientific Notation
- Engineering Notation
- Binary Engineering Notation
- And more…
Once installed, the tweak adds a preference pane to the Settings app where you can configure it to your taste:
Here, you can:
- Toggle BaseBadges on or off on demand
- Choose the conversion type that you’d like to use for your missed notification badges
- Customize the Unary format
- Customize the Binary format
- Customize the Octal format
- Customize the Decimal format
- Customize the Hexadecimal format
- Customize the Roman Numeral format
- Customize the Prime Factorization format
- Customize the Scientific Notation format
- Customize the Engineering Notation format
- Customize the Binary Engineering Notation format
- Customize the Custom format settings
- Adjust some randomized settings
Each conversion type displays a formatting option where you can enter the format string how you’d like it. The custom option provides the most freedom, as it lets you do whatever you’d like outside of the tweak’s preset parameters. The random option lets your device choose for you, mixing things up every so often to keep you on your toes.
Now we’ll be the first to admit that we’re perfectly happy with the normal number indicators, but those who feel like showing off their brains can use BaseBadges to do just that. If you’re interested in trying the tweak for yourself, then you can download it for free from Cydia’s BigBoss repository. BaseBadges works with all jailbroken iOS 8-12 devices.
Will you be installing BaseBadges to customize your missed notification badges? Discuss in the comments section below.