Call waiting; one of those convenient phone services that was introduced decades ago on land lines. It lets you answer an incoming call while you’re currently on another call. It can be a handy feature so that you can take calls without your line being tied up.
However, call waiting can also be a nuisance. If you’re already on an important call and don’t want to be bothered with others trying to reach you, you may not want this feature enabled. So, here’s how to turn off Call Waiting on iPhone.
Turn off Call Waiting
Turning off the Call Waiting feature on your iPhone is very easy, just follow these steps.
1) Open your Settings and select Phone.
2) Scroll down to and select Call Waiting.
3) Move the slider to the off position (green to white).
Now, you can concentrate on your current call without being interrupted with other calls coming in. And you can always turn it back on if you change your mind later by going to the same spot in your Settings.
Do more with your iPhone
For additional tutorials and cool things you can do with your iPhone, check out these articles.
- How to turn off animations on iPhone and iPad
- BLightAlert leverages your iPhone’s display brightness to get your attention for notifications
- Set iPhone wallpapers that change throughout the day with AutoWall
- How to mark all your emails as Read on iPhone, iPad and Mac
- How to copy and paste across iPhone, iPad and Mac with Universal Clipboard
- How to listen to FM radio on your iPhone
Wrapping it up
Call waiting is one of those services you probably either really like or really don’t. Remember, it can be very useful for receiving emergency phone calls when you’re on another call. And since it’s so easy to turn on and off, you can always disable it for just a short time if you want.
What do you think of call waiting? Is it something you find helpful or annoying?