Apple is gearing up to launch Apple Pay across Target, Taco Bell, Speedaway and other top merchants in the United States.
These retailers will be adopting Apple Pay in the coming weeks:
- Target: Rolling out now, will be available in all 1,850 US locations in the coming weeks.
- Taco Bell: Rolling out to 7,000+ locations in the next few months.
- Hy-Vee supermarkets: Available today at 245+ Hy-Vee stores in the Midwest.
- Speedway convenience stores: Available today inside the store at all of Speedway’s approximately 3,000 locations across the Midwest, East Coast and Southeast.
- Jack in the Box: Rolling out to 2,200 locations in the next few months.
The company wrote in a press release issued this morning that with the addition of these national retailers, 74 of the top 100 US merchants now accept its mobile payment solution.
Whether customers are buying everyday household items, groceries, snacks for a road trip or grabbing a quick meal, Apple Pay is the easiest way to pay in stores, while also being secure and faster than using a credit or debit card at the register.
We’re thrilled even more customers will be able to pay at their favorite stores and restaurants using the Apple devices that are always with them.Jennifer Bailey, Apple VP of Internet Services
Apple acknowledged that Costco last year completed the Apple Pay rollout to 500+ US warehouses while CVS Pharmacy introduced the solution at all of its 8,400 standalone locations. 7-Eleven launched Apple Pay at 95 percent of its US stores last year.
Apple Pay is a mobile contactless payment system that lets customers easily and securely pay in stores using their iPhone and Apple Watch. It uses tokens for security purposes, meaning no sensitive credit card information is ever exchanged with the merchant.
Are you using Apple Pay?
If so, what has your experience with it been like thus far?