When you capture a video with your iPhone or iPad, there may be a time when you need to rotate it. Maybe it was supposed to be landscape but somehow recorded in portrait view. Maybe you want to change it from portrait to landscape view to create a specific effect. Whatever the case may be, you can rotate your videos quite easily on your device.
This tutorial shows you how to rotate videos on iPhone or iPad right from the Photos app using iMovie.
Open your Photos app and snag your video
The video you want to rotate may be in specific spot in the Photos app, like under People or Places. You can also look for it under Media Types at the bottom by selecting Videos. Wherever it is, select it and then do the following.
1) On the video’s screen, tap Edit from the top right.
2) At the bottom of the edit screen, tap the More (three-dot icon) button.
3) Tap iMovie.
4) On the iMovie screen, use your fingers to rotate the video left or right. You’ll see arrows showing the direction as the video rotates.
5) When you finish, tap Done on the top right and your new video will be exported back to your Photos app.
More video tutorials
Want to learn how to do more with your videos? Check out these additional tutorials.
- How to shoot 4K video at 60 FPS on iPhone
- Editing an entire video on iPad Pro
- How to batch resize photos and videos on iPhone
Wrapping it up
Rotating videos that you capture on iPhone or iPad couldn’t be easier, right? What are some tips for editing videos you use that you think would be helpful to others? Leave a comment below!