When you find out that you’re going to have a baby, you can go through many emotions from excitement to nervousness. And if it’s your first time becoming a mother, then you probably have tons of questions.
These apps can help answer your many questions, track changes to your body, and explain what’s happening from the time you find out you’re pregnant until the day your bundle of joy arrives.
Here are the best pregnancy and baby tracking apps for expectant moms.
Criteria and features
These are just a few of the things we looked for when creating this list of pregnancy apps.
- Various features: Apps that have many things to offer all in one package mean you can go to a single spot for everything you need.
- Intuitive tracking tools: Monitoring changes to your body and other symptoms throughout your pregnancy helps both you and your doctor make sure you’re on track.
- Helpful information: With the questions you’re sure to have along the way, apps that provide information, tips, and advice are the most useful.
What to Expect – Pregnancy & Baby Tracker
What to Expect started as a book and became an app that expectant mothers love. With everything from tips to tracking, you’ll find this app super useful. See how your baby is growing each step of the way, look at changes to your own body and symptoms, read common questions to ask your doctor, and more.
Pregnancy & Baby Tracker notable features:
- Daily tips and articles to help you along the way
- Development details for baby and you each week
- Tools for tests and screenings, a photo journal, baby registry and products
- A community of groups to join for similar interests, locations, parenting styles, and more
The What to Expect – Pregnancy & Baby Tracker app is a terrific resource for information and tracking throughout your pregnancy.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free
BabyCenter – Pregnancy Tracker
BabyCenter also offers a fantastic app to help you get information and track your pregnancy. You can read helpful articles with tips as your baby grows and your body changes. The app gives you a nice countdown until your due date on the main screen and plenty of answers to common questions.
Pregnancy Tracker notable features:
- Look ahead on the calendar to see the changes to expect in the coming weeks and months
- Videos, polls, advice, tips, and tons of useful information
- Tools like a kick tracker, contraction timer, registry checklist, birth classes, and more
- A community of groups to join for similar interests, locations, parenting styles, and others
BabyCenter – Pregnancy Tracker can be wonderful tool to use every step of the way. From conception to birth, the app has excellent tools and information.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free
Ovia Pregnancy Tracker
Open the Ovia Pregnancy Tracker app each morning and see a cool countdown to your baby’s arrival with their current size. You can also add a photo of yourself! Similar to the other apps, you’ll receive a lot of great information and tips that you share with friends who are expecting like you are.
Ovia Pregnancy Tracker notable features:
- A calendar where you can add doctor’s appointments, notes, and milestones
- A Health & Medical section that offers information based on your assessment
- A community area with helpful questions and answers
- Tracking for health, sleep, moods, exercise, photos, milestones, and more
Ovia Pregnancy Tracker is another helpful app to check out if you’re expecting. And, Ovia offers a collection of apps not just for pregnancy tracking but also for fertility and parenting.
- Availability: iPhone and Android
- Cost: Free
Wrapping it up
When you find out that you’re going to have a baby, it’s important to take care of yourself, get your questions answered, and keep track of your health and body’s changes. These apps help you do all of that and more. Let us know which one you decide to use and how it helps you!